Sunday, January 20, 2013

Focus on What is Important

When I focus on what I don't have I lose sight of what I do have


This afternoon I was almost in the midst of having a huge pity party.  You know the kind where I start listing all the things I will never have, a Golden Anniversary, long legs, thin thighs, room for a grand piano... and I turned on the stereo to start listening to the CD for choir practice and low and behold I heard the words about disappointments being blessings in disguise.  And Lord, you know what?  I have so very much.  More than that, I have an inheritance to share with the Lord of creation!  I am a promised joint heir with Christ.  What do I have in this life to be disappointed about?  Really?  

Sure I miss Aiden to the point of being breathless at times.  I don't understand why he died.  I know with assurance that not only does the promise of being a joint heir mean riches untold, it means that in the resurrection morning I will not only see my Lord and Saviour but I will be reunited with my precious Aiden to live in eternity, never to be disappointed or sad again!  WOW!  

So this afternoon, while the sun plays warm and comforting on my hands as I type on this keyboard, I do not want to waste the time looking inside what this world does not hold, but I want to look outward and forward to the promises that are mine to claim.  This world is not my home, I am a part of  those pilgrims, who are searching for a city built on a hill.  

God is good.  All the time.

Psalm 143:6 NIV 84
"I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts like a parched land."

Phillipians 4: 4,5 HCSB
"Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Let your graciousness be known to everyone.  The Lord is near."

No comments:

Post a Comment